Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Witness Statements in Raye's First Appeal 8

I was called for jury duty, but not one of the final 12. However, I attended every day because when I found out what the case was about, I had to know what really happened. You see, I am vehement when it comes to child abuse and must admit, the first 2 days of the trial, I just had to see what a vile and horrible person Raye Dawn must be and how could she???? I previously knew nothing of the case nor any of the people concerned on either side. I do not get OK Cy area news where I live. Well, let me tell you, by the 3rd day of the trial, after listening and observing families on both sides and seeing the arrogance and hearing Mike Porter's testimony, I saw and heard all the evidence presented on both sides. Mike wanted Raye Dawn to suffer as he was by going to prison. I also sa and heard the jurors having the opportunity to mingle outside during breaks with those who were in the courtroom, namely Lance Briggs and his supporters. I saw by this actions each day as he flirted with all the pretty girls and buddies up to the reporters while he strutted around trying to impress anyone who was dumb enough to fall for his act, that he was definitely not there out of love and concern for his darling Kelsey. He couldn't have cared less.

But Raye Dawn was a quiet, scared, nervous girl whose family was steadfastly standing beside her, quietly remaining out of sight rather than jumping in front of cameras and reporters hungry for news. I have three grandchildren and, by the end of the 4th day of this trial I knew in my heart that any grandmother that would put her beloved grandchild through the turmoil and pulling back and forth like Kathie Briggs put Kelsey through could not have been truly concerned about the child. I saw proof that the timeline of dates showed Kelsey was with her aunt at the zoo when the first leg was fractured and with grandma Kathie Briggs when the second one mysteriously came up also showing a fracture. I saw the evidecne and testimonies of how, while in DHS custody, Kelsey reactied during visits with Raye Dawn by running to her and hugging her and played happily with her during their visits. When her grandma Kathie came to visit, she hid and kicked, but her and ran from her, trying to get away. Those actions spoke multitudes to me. What would you come away with after reviewing that? Of course Raye Dawn didn't want to admit that she might be carrying Lance's second child, after all, he had killed the first one with a punch to her pregnant belly! Would you want him to know? DHS was in the home as well as CASA and CHUBS, observing Raye Dawn and Kelsye regularly during the investigations. THey never saw any indications of abuse by Raye Dawn to Kelsey. Rather a loving mother trying desperately to keep a jealous grandmother from taking her child away because she had rejected the abusive father of that child. Raye Dawn had her hands full trying to do anything she could to do whatever was asked of her to keep Kelsey. When handsome Michael Porter came along, she was vulnerable and saw him as a knight in shining armor who could help.





Even after these statements, Judge Phil Vassar receieved one from Royce Briggs, suggesting that he reject the appeal. The Judge ignored the multiple statements from witnesses at Raye's trial and listened to the one statement from Royce Briggs and denied Raye's appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment