Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Police Report on Lance Briggs - August, 2002

On 8-2-02 at approx. 15:45pm, I, Officer, T.J. Sides and Reserve Officer Rick O’Neil responded to a two-vehicle accident in the 200 block of West Main in Meeker, Oklahoma, County of Lincoln. Upon arrival I noticed a white male, later identified as Raymond Lance Briggs, walking away from one of the vehicles involved, a 1994 Blue Plymouth van. I then noticed two subjects, one white male…and one white female…in the other vehicle, a 2002 Blue Ford pickup. The white male walking around seemed to be highly agitated, he was walking with his hands in his pockets, looking at the ground, and scraping his feet on the asphalt. He was in pacing mode. I asked if anyone was injured and if an ambulance needed to be called. The white male threw up his hands and stated, ‘F*ck yea, he does,’ pointing at the subjects in the Ford pickup. I then returned to my patrol unit and requested first responders. I then had O’Neil start traffic control. I then turned to the injured subjects to reassure the two parties that help was on the way and to find out what type of injuries they had obtained during the accident. As I was standing there trying to get some information, the white male (Briggs), started to walk up toward the injured subject. I asked the male subject to step back and I would be with him in just a minute. At that response, the white male (Briggs) looked at me, threw up his arms and stated ‘F*ck you. I don’t have to step back. Who the f*ck do you think you are? F*ck this sh*t.’ I advised the subject that I was the officer on duty to investigate the accident, and that I would be needing to speak with him in just a few minutes and obtain some information from him. The white male (Briggs) then started to approach my location. I advised the subject to remain by his vehicle and I would be with him in a minute. The white male (Briggs) then stated, ‘F*ck you. I don’t have to step back. What the f*ck do you want? I don’t have to tell you anything, B*tch.’ The white male continued to pace, and continued to throw his arms up in the air. At this point, O’Neil came over to my location for back up. I then advised the white male subject that if he didn’t calm down and do what I asked him to do, I was going to place him under arrest for his safety as well as our safety. The white male responded by stating ‘F*ck you. You can’t arrest me. I haven’t done a f*cking thing. I know the f*cking law.’ He then approached O’Neil and attempted to intimidate Officer O’Neil by throwing his chest out toward him and flexing his muscles. Office O’Neil then asked what I wanted to do. I advised, ‘Handcuff him.’ The white male (Briggs) then replied, ‘Yea right. F*cking arrest me. You can’t. You have no right. Oh, f*ck this sh*t here.’ At this point, he put out both his hands in front of his body in a motion, wrist by wrist, and stated, ‘F*cking arrest me then, if you can.’ Before another word could be said, another male subject walked up and advised this officer that he was the male subject’s brother in-law and that he could take him aside and cool him down, and asked that I not arrest him. I advised the subject that I would give him the opportunity to take the subject off to the side by the curb, sit him down, and try to calm him, but if the subject continued to act in the same manner, I would have no choice but to arrest him. The white male (Briggs) jerked away from his brother-in-law and then stated, ‘Who the f*ck do they think they are? F*ck you and them. I don’t have to do a damn thing. F*ck, leave me alone.” The brother-in-law finally got the subject out of the first responders way and away from the scene. O’Neil then returned to do traffic control. With first responders on scene trying to take care of the injured, I once again approached the white male subject for information. As I approached toward his direction, he immediately started in again, ‘Now what the f*ck do you want? Huh? F*ck you!’ I advised the subject that I needed to see his driver’s license and insurance verification on the vehicle that he was driving. The subject began to walk toward the van then reached into his back pocket and got out his wallet. He stated, ‘F*ck, I don’t have it, so f*ck you.” I then asked if he had any other form of identification, so that I may know who his is. He then replied, ‘I got a f*cking military I.D. Do you f*cking want it? No, f*ck you. You don’t f*cking need to see it.’ He then slammed his wallet shut. I then asked if I could have his name and driver’s license number. He turned from the van and started to walk to the curb, continuously throwing his arms up in the air. He then turned and advised that his name was Raymond Briggs and his driver’s license number was…He said the number too fast for me to write it down and I had to ask him to repeat. He then turned around, threw his arms up in the air, and stated, ‘What, you f*cking can’t hear either?’ He then repeated the number. I then asked for his middle name, he advised ‘Lance, sh*t, did you get that?’ I advised, ‘Yes, thank you.’ Briggs then turned around and started walking toward the old gas station on the south side of the road. I then started to look at the damage done to the vehicle that he was driving and obtaining tag information. I attempted to see if the windows had been rolled down or if they had been shattered, when he started to walk up to the van. I turned and was attempting to ask him if he had had the windows down or if they had possibly been shattered when he interrupted by saying, ‘What the f*ck are you doing now?’ Once I was able to finish my question, he replied, ‘F*cking figure it out yourself, b*tch.’ It was determined that he had the windows down. I then returned to my injured subject to try and obtain information from them on their identities…I then exited my patrol unit and attempted to go back to the pickup and I noticed another disturbance in the location of where Briggs was located. Officer O’Neil and myself responded to the disturbance. Upon arrival, I observed Briggs screaming and yelling at a female subject standing by a car. As I approached, he turned away and started cussing another female subject who was sitting on the ground with two small children. It was learned that was Briggs’ mother. I continued to stay between the female subject, a sister, and Briggs. I advised Briggs again that he needed to calm down. Again, I was informed by Briggs to ‘F*ck off and leave him alone. He had nothing to discuss with me and to f*cking leave.’ Again, Briggs was trying to intimidate my reserve officer and myself by throwing out his chest and flinging his arms around. I then noticed a white pickup pull up and an older male subject get out. I walked up and asked if he was father of Briggs. He replied ‘Yes, Royce Briggs.’ I then asked if he was the owner of the vehicle. He stated, ‘Yes.’ I then requested to see the insurance verification. Royce Briggs advised that he did not have any insurance on the vehicle, it was uninsured. I then asked to the father to try to keep Briggs calmed down while we continued to investigate the accident. Royce Briggs advised he was not sure he could do that, but he would try…I then returned to Briggs and asked that he come back with me to my patrol unit so that I could finish my investigation by obtaining further information. Briggs replied, ‘No, I am not f*cking going back to your car. Why the f*ck?’ I then noticed a slight hint of an alcoholic beverage coming from Briggs. I turned to his sister and asked if he had been drinking that day. She advised no, he had been at his great-grandmother’s funeral today. I then returned to Briggs and advised him that we need to go to the patrol unit where it was cooler and try to cool down and that he would be getting a citation. Briggs politely states, ‘You can go back to your f*cking car and write my damn citation without me being there. Go the f*ck back. I’m not going to your patrol car.’ I spoke with the family and asked them to take Briggs home and get him calmed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment