Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Final Blow - May, 2002

On above time and date, I officer Roland was dispatched to 527 South Dawson in reference to a domestic. Lincoln County Sheriff's Office advised me that the reporting party was Raye Dawn Briggs. I arrived at approximately 1955 hours. I was the first officer to arrive. Shortly after, two Oklahoma Highway Patrolmen (Jerry Treadwell and James Watson) arrived. Upon my arrival, Raye Dawn approached me and told me what was going on. She stated that she and her husband, Raymond Lance Briggs got into an argument over her not super-sizing his value meal from McDonald's. She said that she was getting ready to go out with some friends and he got really mad and took her clothes and keys away from her. She then stated that he pushed her up against the wall with his forearm at her throat. She said after he pushed her around and yelled at her, she then started walking northbound on Highway 18 to use the pay phone to call for help. While she was walking, her grandmother picked her up and took her to use the phone, then took her back to the residence to wait on an officer to arrive. She stated that between the time she had left and the time she arrived back at the residence Raymond had gotten into his truck and was driving Northbound on Highway 18. I, Officer Roland did observe visible injuries to Raye Dawn Briggs on her neck and collarbone area that were consistent with the type of assault she stated had occurred. At this point, Jerry Treadwell asked her if she wanted to press charges and she stated "yes". The two officers drove around the town of Meeker to see if they could locate him. Approximately five minutes later, James Watson contacted me on the radio and said that he had found Mr. Briggs at the laundry mat in Meeker and needed me to come up there and talk to him. I left a voluntary statement for Raye D. Briggs to fill out and told her that myself or one of the other officers would be back to get more information from her. She said that she would stay at the residence until we came back. I then got into my patrol car and headed to the laundry mat to meet with the other officers. Upon arrival, I noticed that the officers had already had Mr. Briggs in handcuffs and in the front seat of one of hte patrol cars. Officer Treadwell advised me that he had already informed Mr. Briggs of his miranda rights and told him that he was under arrest for domestic assault and battery. Officer Treadwell then took Mr. Briggs out of his car and put him into my car. Officer Treadwell told me that he would go back to the residence and take a voluntary statement and Lincoln County Sheriff's Office. I then told Lincoln County that I was enroute to their facility with Mr. Briggs. I arrived at Lincoln County Sheriff's Office at approximately 2043 hours. Shortly after my arrival, Officer Treadwell arrived with Mrs. Briggs' voluntary statement and other information. I then started going through the process of getting Mr. Briggs booked into the jail. I issued him citation #004422. I charged him with domestic assault and battery. End of report.

No comments:

Post a Comment