Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lance's Speeding and Drunk Driving Arrest

On 11-9-02, at approximately 2035 hours, I, Sgt. Leabo, was stationary at Main and Fowler. I observed a vehicle was traveling at 38 MPH in a 30 zone. I pulled my patrold car out behind the vehicle and activated my emergency lights. The vehicle stopped at approximately  1 1/4 mile west of town on Hwy 62. I called the dispatcher and informed him of the stop and my location. I exited my patrol car and approached the driver and informed the verification. The driver was identified as Raymond Briggs. I then returned to my patrol car and ask the dispatcher to check the status of Briggs' DL number. The dispatcher informed me that Briggs' license was valid. Officer Combs, Meeker #5 then notified me that we had a warrant on Briggs that had not been placed on the warrant list. Officer Combs then informed me that he was at the Meeker Police apartment and that there was a warrant on Briggs. I then exited my vehicle and approached Briggs. I asked Briggs to step out of his vehicle and I informed him that Meeker had a warrant for his arrest and he was being placed under arrest for that warrant. I then placed him in double locked handcuffs and secured him in my patrol car. I then called the dispatcher and asked him to send the next wrecker to my location. I then completed an impoundment record on Briggs' vehicle and waited for the wrecker. Russell's Wrecker arrived and impounded the vehicle. I then transported Briggs to Meeker Police Department and pick up a copy of the warrant. I then transported Briggs to Lincoln County Jail, booked and jailed him for the Municiple Warrant #01-341-342-343-344. Briggs, while in route to Lincoln County Jail made many verbal threats towards my family and me.

End of Report

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lysa,

    I post you in an other blog too, but I can not find it out wich it was. So I post you here again and make my notify me on. So I can see if you answer me. My Name is Sabine and I have the same view as you. I hope you can give me current information on Ray Dawn, what she do today ? Have you still any contact with her ? I look forward to a response from you.

    S. Berger

    ReplyDelete